Sunday, November 4, 2007

Steaming into Sutton (5) - Steam at Streetly



Driving through Sutton Coldfield I ran into heavy road traffic, the shoppers were out with a vengeance now, every traffic light seemed intent on making me stop, and the world's slowest drivers appeared in front of me on otherwise clear sections, determined to do no more than 15 mph.
After what seemed like hours I made it through and was just passing over the railway bridge at Streetly and about to turn left when Josh called to inform me that the mini-beast was already through Sutton Park old station !
I was lucky to find the last clear space at the car park pull-in and sprang out to run down to the foot crossing.
There were already about 12 photters gathered there (hello Mike) and I took a place on the upside.
Some of the chaps were standing on the up line rails which wasn't a good thing to do as freights could still come bombing through at linespeed....
The powerful little Pannier approached and let off a screaming whistle (no time to do a video) and in a few seconds it was all over.
All in all a great morning...

2 comments:

BEN CRUACHAN said...

My Lordz! A nice tranquil backdrop for a kettle beast.

Josh said...

The little kettle was thrashing like a good 'un through there.